I know, some of you are thinking, “What? Vegan chili? Thats just wrong” Well I’ve got news for you! Its right and its so good you will never know its vegan…unless you made it And its packed full of fiber and protein.
- 1 15oz can of black beans-they dont have to be organic
- 1 15oz can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 package Light Life Smart Ground
- 1-2 cans of water-depends on how thick you like your chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion-I put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes so I dont bawl my eyes out while cutting them
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Your choice of chili seasoning
Start out by dicing the onion and mincing the garlic. Add the oil to a medium pan. Add the garlic, onion, chili seasoning and Smart Ground. Cook on medium to high heat until the onions are translucent and the Smart Ground is a little brown. About 10 minutes.
Throw everything in a slow cooker on low for about 4 hours.
Serve hot with rice or cornbread. Enjoy!