I make these all the time. They are a big hit with my son. I have made them with several variations of flour. My favorite is whole wheat pastry flour and whole wheat flour. You can use any kind of vegan milk. I buy the bags of over ripe bananas at the grocery store then freeze them until I am ready to use them. They will thaw out in about an hour. Enjoy!
- 1 Cup unbleached all purpose flour (whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour can also be used)
- 1 Cup unbleached flour (use one you didn’t you from above)
- 1/2 Cup turbino sugar
- 3 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt ( I have used fine sea salt, kosher salt and regular salt-all work fine)
- 2/4 Cup almond, soy or coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup oil (canola, vegetable or coconut)
- 1 Over ripe banana
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray 1 muffin tin with non-stick spray.
In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients until well combined. In a food processor, puree half the milk and the banana until well blended. In another bowl, combine the banana mixture, the rest of the milk, sugar, oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Gently fold them together until they are just combined. Dont over mix or they wont rise.
Bake 15-20 minutes. Check them at 15, all ovens bake differently. Let them cool in the pan about 15 minutes then take them out and enjoy! Store in a zip-lock bag with a few paper towels they will absorb the moisture.